Monday, June 14, 2010

11 Writers for the A-Team!?!

Happy Flag Day.

I want to start off by saying I would have loved to have been the twelfth writer on the A-Team. I grew up on the show and loved every minute of it. As a writer trying to break into the industry, that's an assignment job I dream about.

I can't help but cringe reading the article from Nikki Finke about the development of the movie. I know that if I was a writer during the development of the script, I'd probably be pretty upset by it when all is said and done.

I know I shouldn't knock the current industry process of bringing writer after writer on to a project. It means more writers working in Hollywood and, therefore, giving me a better shot at getting there. Still, when I think of the best screenplays ever written, usually no more than three people worked on the script.

No comments: