Saturday, November 20, 2010

I'm alive. But Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are living the dream...

I finally remembered about the blog I started.  I'm also glad I know my name and have no memory of TSA screenings.

In other more interesting news, I loved this write up about the Zombieland writing duo. From /Film:

"Let this be a lesson to any aspiring writers out there. Write fun, interesting flicks and you are going to get a ton of work. Take  and  for example. They’re the guys who wrote Zombieland, a modestly budgeted film that was a hit with both fans and critics. And though they’d each been working in the business for several years on varying projects, including The Joe Schmo Show, it took one little spark and they’re off to the races. Reese and Wernick are writing a sequel to Zombieland for Sony, a second G.I Joe film for Paramount, the Deadpool spinoff for Fox, are adapting the comic book Cowboy Viking Ninja for Disney and developing Earth vs. Moon at Universal. They basically have something set up at every studio in Hollywood because of Zombieland, which was originally conceived as a TV show."


I think I am a one project at a time guy, but if I had a writing partner, I could tackle more because I like to spend a lot of time plotting out the story. So I can do more than one of that.  But when it comes to finally writing the action and dialogue, I can only focus on one script at a time.
How do you feel about multiple writing projects?

Would you commit to writing more than one script on deadline?

No comments: