Saturday, January 9, 2010

Another screenwriting blog...hopefully not just another.

I believe screenwriting is an art, and I know it is a profession. This blog’s simple lofty goal is to gather all the craft and business information on screenwriting I can summon into one powerful source for mass consumption.

I am a student of the craft. I have been studying for three years with the last one and a half in an MFA program at Loyola Marymount University. I hope that as I learn and better my storytelling skills on and off the page…so will you.

This blog is an attempt to further immerse myself in all aspects of screenwriting to succeed as a professional writer. It is solely dedicated to writing for the screen. So like any great piece of writing, there will be a structure to the posts to deliver upon this premise.

Posts will cover script reviews of produced films, round-ups of posts from other screenwriting sites and blogs, news re-caps of the business, and other aspects of the craft of screenwriting to increase knowledge and inspire writers in the art and the industry.

In summary, I'd like this blog to be your dashboard to the world of screenwriting so you can focus your time on writing.

Welcome all.

No comments: